Today’s Afghanistan Conciliation Trust (TACT) is an impartial not for profit Afghan local NGO which is free from linguistic, ethnic, tribal, religious and political affiliations and prejudices. TACT was founded in 2010 by a group of professional and intellectual Afghans who devoted most of their time in serving the Afghan people in the context of education, human rights, healthcare, women empowerment and humanitarian assistance in the country. Tact was registered with the Ministry of Economy of the government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in May 2012 with the registration number (2614).
TACT is also registered with the ministry of Education (Reg. # 221), ministry of Public Health (Reg. # 289), ministry of Information & Culture, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and High Peace Council of the Islamic Government of Afghanistan along with several local, international and UN organizations.
Moreover, TACT has recently registered the MRASTA FM radio station in Nangarhar province and a monthly magazine also named MRASTA meaning “Help”, in Kabul for the purpose of using media as a development tool.
TACT has accreditation from the Islamic government of Afghanistan and the Afghan NGOs Coordination bodies to undertake community and institutional development, civic education, active participation in the process of rebuilding and to serve the Afghan society. Based in Kabul, TACT has liaison offices so far in Nangarhar, Laghman, Khost, Badakhshan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat provinces.
TACT respects the laws of the Afghan government and the culture and traditions of Afghanistan’s communities, and exists primarily to build the capacity of Afghan citizens toward the establishment of a healthy, functional, Afghan democracy. TACT envisions a peaceful, prosper and developed Afghanistan. Our mission is to advance the spread of democratic principles, sustainable development, social justice, human rights and freedom in Afghanistan.
TACT aims to foster peace and stability, national unity, human rights and prosperity by strengthening and empowering communities. We are dedicated to supporting the needs and interests of Afghans, inclusive of all ethnic and linguistic groups, and we recognize the central role that community plays in the structure of society. In our activities we initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life in the broad local community, nationally and internationally.
As an organization seasoned in civic education efforts and as an Afghan local NGO staffing with extensive experience working with people at the grassroots, TACT has a unique understanding of methodology that would work with citizens’ desires that Afghanistan emerges from its early disappointments with reconciliation to develop a citizenry with knowledge of respect for the rule of law and the need and promotion of education in Afghanistan.
Since its establishment in May 2012, TACT is currently implementing a Book’s Aid Project in cooperation with Association Swiss Morning Star (ASMS), donation of non-political and non- Religious books such as novels, monographs, specialized literature (medicine, natural science, tourism, etc) children’s literature, encyclopedias and Financial Management dictionaries in German, French and English languages.
TACT is an active member of the Afghan Women’s Business Federation (AWBF) and both organizations are collaborating in serving women’s entrepreneurs, fostering their self-reliant and enhancing their capacity building for employability in Afghanistan.
Book’s Aid Project in cooperation with Association Swiss Morning Star (ASMS). Donation of non-political and non- Religious books such as novels, monographs, specialized literature (medicine, natural science, tourism, etc) children’s literature, encyclopedias and dictionaries in German, French and English languages.
- Establish good communication and support systems with government, nongovernmental, national and international, organizations and local community members
- Participate in the process of peace building, reconstruction, rehabilitation and development of the nation
- Advocate particularly for the rights of women and children in Afghanistan
- Promote sustainable community development by providing local capacity building support, technical, vocational and financial support to local organizations and individuals, civil society building, conflict resolution, and skills training
- Establish and provide advance business training for Afghan women entrepreneurs throughout Afghanistan
- Create business opportunities for Afghan women and business associations in order to decrease poverty level
- To participate actively in the process of peace building, reconciliation and human rights advocacy
- To plan, design, reconstruct and to implement rehabilitation and developmental projects in the fields of public health, socio-economic, promotion of Afghan women in business, literacy, mother and childcare, irrigation, agriculture, handcrafts, and public utilities
- To provide first aid including foodstuff, clothing, shelter, medicines, etc… for the needy and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPS)
- To cooperate fully with the international organizations and NGOs having the same objective as TACT for the mutual and better coordination implementation of the respective work
- To expand and develop the husbandry and agricultural centers, which are the fundamental pillars of the economic progress of our country
- To pave the ground for the delivery of the emergency aid to the areas affected by flood, earthquake, and wars
- Providing literacy courses, working opportunities and developing women education are of the first priorities of this organization
- To seek the assistance from national and international organizations for the expansion and promotion of better works and generate employment.
- To establishing training centers to promote business skills, entrepreneurship, handwork skills such as carpentry, masonry, and smith carpet waving and so on…
- Restoring rationally handwork skills through supporting projects to provide opportunity for the village inhabitants to produce handmade equipment to facilitate daily life and increase self-reliant among the people of the villages and cities.
- Peace Through Sport (PTS) is a unique and innovative program, by organizing sport tournaments and competitions among several provinces and tribes in Afghanistan to convey peace and unity messages
- Publication of magazine and broadcasting of radio programs on education, healthcare, peacebuilding and human rights themes and topics
Please contact Mr. Abdulhaq Niazi 5th Street of Taimani Project, next to Azizi Bank Building, District 4 Kabul AFGHANISTAN.
Phone: +93 (0) 752 101 784
Mobile: +93 700 280 398
You can also contact us through various channels by clicking on the icons below.
Tact is registered with the Ministry of Economy of the government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan since May 2012 with the registration number (2614). TACT is also registered with the ministry of Education (Reg. # 221), ministry of Public Health (Reg. # 289) ministry of Information & Culture, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and High Peace Council of the Islamic Government of Afghanistan, along with several local, international and UN organizations.